Saturday, January 19, 2013




After arriving at Windy Hill campground we spent Monday and Tuesday doing chores around camp mostly. Joyce unpacked all the boxed goods that we had been carrying in the truck to keep them from freezing and found places to store them in the trailer. She also swept the trailer out and washed the windows inside and out. 
I washed all the road salt and grime off the exterior of the trailer on Monday. Tuesday I gave the same treatment to the truck. 


Before we left Michigan, I removed around a foot of snow that had accumulated on top off the trailer. In doing so I put too much pressure on the vent cover to the bathroom. Over time the sun causes these vinyl covers to become brittle and easy to break. We have never liked the fan in the bath vent, as it was always noisy (one speed only) and often rubbed on the screen making even more noise. We have a "Fantastic Fan", which is a 3 speed, in our pick-up camper and love it. So I ordered up a new Fantastic Fan and brought it with us. I spent a couple of hours Tuesday removing the old duct taped unit and installing our new FF. It was easy to install and it works so much better.


Starting Wednesday we were to get out into the mountains and do a daily hike, usually somewhere between 4 to 8 miles. I write more on that next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment